Problem after Server Ram Upgrade

Problem after Server Ram Upgrade
I am working on a company as a system administrator, where a HP Proliant server has been fitted with RAM upto 2 GB and operating system as Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Recently i have noticed that server has become very slow. Employees are getting very difficulty to work. Hence, we have decided to upgrad the RAM from 2 GB to 8 GB as Windows Server 2003 32 bit enterprise edition supports maximum of 8 GB RAM. I have just installed the 8 GB of RAM in my server. When i have started the server then bios checked the new hardware (RAM) and there were no issue with RAM so my server has got started. After started my server, I checked the memory (RAM) through properties of my computer and i was surprised that my server shows only 3 GB of RAM installed. After searching through various websites i could not got any proper solution then i have just ring up to Microsoft and he has  given the solution which i am going to share with you. 
Go to run and type msconfig and press enter from your keyboard. Here, go to Boot and edit your boot file. And at the end of your boot file just write after giving one space /noexecute = optout/ fastdect/ PAE. Now apply and click on ok and you have done it. Just restart your system and now check your memory back through my computer properties and you will be again surprised that now it shows your memory (RAM) is 8 GB.

After that i have checked this tricks with various version of windows and it works fine. If you are system administrator or you are working as a hardware engineer then this tips will help you too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share